Got bored on a Sunday afternoon

... So I picked up my ukulele and thought I'd do my first recorded cover and stick it on youtube.


There is a story behind the ukulele...


Errrmm... Near the end of Year 13 (last year at Sixth Form/College) a few friends and I were invited to perform at the main school concert (my Sixth was joint to a Secondary School aswell). So we were prancing around the net looking for a song we could all sing. During the search, one of the girls went on a tangent and found the cute little ukulele boy on youtube strumming with some skill what looked like a guitar his size, whilst wailing Jason Mraz's - I'm Yours in baby language lol. We were all just like "Awwww he's so cute" then... *moist* then I... *hides face lol*. Before I say more moist things, you can see for yourself....




So...
After performing at the concert and singing our own rendition of Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror, my birthday soon came. Obviously I invited those I performed with. And one of those that I spent time rehearsing with and the one that was like a mother to me during my time at Sixth Form - Dololo (her nickname =P) brought along with her a weird oblong box to the dinner. I looked at the box with Superman's x-ray vision and saw the ukulele. I broke down and all sorts, hyperventilating in the middle of the restaurant. I was dying. But I was dying happily lol.

When I took it home and showed my parents and everyone else around, I tried to tune it, and broke the 1st string. I thought: "bruv, you best put this thing down and give it to an expert before you destroy it". So I fixed the string back and settled it back in the box. I couldn't help but glance at it and strum on some made-up chords lool. I mustered the courage to tune it again and from then on, I've been playing it ever since. I remember the date precisely...
August 6th 2010

Here's the first of many videos to come! =]


Posted in , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

BOBO-BLOGGINS. Powered by Blogger.